Saturday, September 27, 2008

To kill or not to kill

One of my tenants wants the mice out of her food. I kind of understand that, but can't bring myself to just kill them. Why should they be killed? I think I've become a bit American Indian or Zen or something, but I just can't see any reason to kill the things.

I've got 'catch 'em alive' traps set up but they don't seem to be working. She's giving me one week to save them, then in come the death traps. I don't know what to do. Don't know how to warn them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carl, get few cats to have job done. Natural existence of things in the world. I can give you few ;)), really good hunters ;). Andre

Carl said...

The problem is, I have four dogs. This cycle of life will go like this: Mouse is scared away
Cat is scared away, or dogs
Tenants are scared away.
Bank of America scares me away and takes the house.

Not good.